Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saturday Musings


The man in the beige shirt is our caretaker. In this photo, he had gotten drunk and proceeded to play with the children in our complex for an hour...by teaching them military drills and karate exercises. It was so silly, but the kids had fun and were following him around. Everyone came out of their houses when they heard him yelling and marching around. It was funny.


My last Coke (Sort of). I've decided to stop drinking soda. I'm starting with Coke then cutting out the rest. It just isn't healthy. I might have one if I go to a party. But its just not healthy. I want to treat myself and my body right. Maji it is.

Also, (and I do not have a photo of this, but I will get one eventually) I drive by this 'toilet' everytime I go to town. On the side, it says 'Vankuva toilet, 3='. Its just a toilet you pay 3 cents to use. Yesterday someone laughed at it and I asked why, and they said because it is called Vankuva toilet. Oh, good lord. They mean 'Vancouver' toilet. Vankuva is exactly how a swahili speaker would spell it I think. I was heartbroken when I came to the realisation that my lovely birthplace had been reduced to a hole in the ground you pay to do your business in.

No comments:

Post a Comment